Monday, January 23, 2006

The First Day

it was the end of my first day off of the year and it was becoming relentlessly apparent to me that i was missing her. somehow not being able to show up on the first day was going to be a problem, more so for me had i known earlier. we had agreed to meet up somewhere to do something but i had misjudged how exhausted i was. in fact, i was too exhausted to tell her i wouldn't be able to show. of course, i apologized as soon as i could. i thought that was already water under the bridge but my naivete with relationships had one up its sleeve. our last communication was over the phone. mostly i apologized. and tried to schedule when we can be together. but what strick the most was the part when she asked what we were going to do. "Would it be the same? Don't you think its getting... kinda boring?"
and now, my electronic friend i have to say, i am at a loss. how do you keep someone's interest? how do you cope with losing your partner's interest? i think that the start of relationship is founded on on being interested. because if you are not interested, why bother? if relationships are then founded on interest, what happens when someone loses interest? does it spell the death of the relationship? in the end, are people in relationships burdened with the task of juggling knives and breathing fire to keep the audience of one interested? No, it doesnt have to be huge explosions or break-neck adventures. Sometimes, routine can be comforting. because isnt everyday spontaneity routinely? but it does make you think doesnt it...?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tingkagol said...

interest doesn't have to revolve around a friggin circus. even a pebble (i love pebbles) can be most interesting, but if a circus is what she wants.... well.... hmmmm, let me see...

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a circus or a pebble. its still the same. u have to have an act. ur under constant pressure to have a little show and tell.

7:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. It took me 3 years to get over my first love. I feel for you. You are young. Trust me,
you'll get over it.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home